Sunday, January 6, 2013

CSULA's Next Editor-In-Chief?

The question above could be a possibly. I have been reading the book, "The Newspaper Designer's Handbook," and the ideas are endless and helpful. The reason for probably being the next California State University Los Angeles' next Editor-in-chief is because I have an interest in it. Having attending Cal State L.A. for a year now, I am more focused on what I have to accomplish for my B.A. degree. Not being able to be EIC at Cerritos Community College this chance only comes rarely. However, those that know me and have gotten to know me there are obstacles that I face as a human being. In my anthropology class I have learned to try to think positive; that is what I can do, instead of what I can't. The voices in my head have always tried to defeat my purpose in what I need to accomplish. Thanks to my anthropology class, there are ways to overcome it and everyday is a struggle for me to think positive about what I can do. I believe that I can do this, become Editor and be good at it. CSULA is just a stepping stone. If anyone read about the Orange County Register hiring means that there is a glimmer of hope. But within everyone I have come across at CSULA and of course a yoga teacher who was amazing, their energy is what I try to use to light a fire in me. How is it I have always doubt my abilities? In anthropology class it's called a learned fear. I will let you know about what happened. All I have ever asked is getting a chance. Is that all? Yes!

1 comment:

Becca22 said...

Hi! I noticed that you had an internship with Canyon News. I read that it didn't turn out so well for you, but if it had not taken that turn do you think it would have been a valuable internship? I'm just asking because I recently got hired as an intern for them as well and will have to move across the country to accept the position. Just trying to figure out if its worth it!